LA DEALS.COM TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: April, 2011
LA Deals.com reserves the right at any time to modify or withdraw the Site, in whole or in part. Further, LA Deals.com may cease transmitting any portion of information or category of information, may modify or terminate any transmission method and may modify transmission speeds or other signal characteristics.
You represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract. If the user is under 18 years old, but at least age of 13, user may use the Site under the supervision of user’s parent or guardian, if user’s parent or guardian agrees to be responsible for complying with these Terms of Service. No one under the age of 13 may use the Site.
Terms of Sale of Vouchers. From time to time, LA Deals.com will make offers (“Offers”) for goods and services available at the Site. When you place an order, you are offering to purchase a Voucher based on these terms and conditions.
- All Vouchers you print from the Site or any website associated with LA Deals.com are promotional vouchers that LA Deals.com offers to customers for a price below their face value. The Vouchers themselves will be subject to the terms and conditions of LA Deals.com and the participating merchant (“Merchant”). LA Deals.com’s sole role in the transaction is only as a marketing agent for the Voucher.
- You must create an account at the Site in order to purchase a Voucher.
- You may redeem the Voucher at Merchant. Merchant, not LA Deals.com, is the seller of the Voucher and the goods and services and is solely responsible for redeeming any Voucher you purchase.
- Unless otherwise allowed by Merchant, you may apply Vouchers only for merchandise and/or services sold by Merchant, and not to shipping or handling charges, taxes, tips or prior balances.
- Unless otherwise specified by Merchant, you may use only one Voucher per order or, in the case of a restaurant, one per dining group.
- Unless otherwise specified by Merchant, Vouchers for restaurants may be used for dine-in only.
- Unless otherwise required by law, Merchant has sole discretion whether to issue credit on a Voucher.
- Neither LA Deals.com nor Merchant is responsible for a lost or stolen Voucher or Voucher reference number.
- Merchant has sole discretion regarding the use of Vouchers for alcoholic beverages, and there may be statutory limitations on the amount of the Voucher that you may redeem for alcoholic beverages.
- Unless otherwise permitted by Merchant, you may not combine a Voucher with any gift certificates, third-party certificates, coupons, offers, promotions or other vouchers.
- You may not reproduce, sell or transfer a Voucher unless done so in compliance with the law. Any attempt you make to redeem a Voucher that is inconsistent with these terms and conditions will render the Voucher null and void.
- You may redeem Vouchers only in their entirety, on a one-time basis only and not incrementally. If you redeem a Voucher for less than its face value, the remaining value will be extinguished, and you will not be entitled to a credit, cash or new Voucher equal to the difference between the face value and the amount you redeemed, unless otherwise required by law.
- Vouchers are non-returnable and non-refundable, except if required by applicable state law, and, once you have purchased a Voucher, you will not receive either a full or partial refund from either Merchant or LA Deals.com.
- Except where permitted by law, Vouchers will have no expiration date. If an expiration date is permitted by law, Vouchers shall expire on the date specified on the Voucher (the “Expiration Date”). While the Expiration Date on the Voucher dictates the last date that you can use the Voucher at Merchant for the Offer which is stated on the Voucher, state laws may provide that Merchant is responsible for honoring the cash value or face value that you paid for the Voucher for a period of time beyond the expiration date stated on the Voucher. This statutory provision applies to Merchant, and it is the sole responsibility of Merchant, not LA Deals.com, to ensure compliance. Merchant, not LA Deals.com, has the responsibility to determine the applicability and its compliance with any relevant statute or code.
- LA Deals.com shall have no responsibility for any injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs suffered by a customer or anyone else, caused in whole or in part by Merchant, by use of any products or services purchased from such Merchants or for any unclaimed property liability arising from unredeemed Vouchers or any portions thereof.
- You are solely responsible for interactions with Merchant and other users of LA Deals.com and your use of any product or service purchase from a Merchant. You hereby release LA Deals.com, including but not limited to TD and the Tribune Company, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, liabilities, damages, or injuries, to the extent permitted under applicable laws, arising in any way from any product or service of Merchant, any action or inaction by Merchant, including Merchant’s failure to act in accordance with applicable law and/or failure to comply with the terms and conditions of a Voucher.
- You may only purchase products for personal use by either yourself or your intended recipient of the products. LA Deals.com may refuse any order that it has reasonable cause to believe is for onward sale other than through distribution channels approved by LA Deals.com
Copyright. All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with LA Deals.com, with the exception of User Content as defined below, including for example news articles, reviews, directories, guides, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively, the “Content”), as well as its selection and arrangement, is owned by LA Deals.com, and/or its affiliated companies, licensors and suppliers. The entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. LA Deals.com owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not copy, distribute, post, transmit, publicly perform, publish, participate in the transfer or sale, modify or otherwise create a derivative work based on the Content without the express written consent of LA Deals.com. You may use the Content online only, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use, except that you may download or print a single copy of any portion of the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such Content. If you operate a web site and wish to link to the Site, you may do so provided you agree to immediately cease such link upon request from LA Deals.com. No other use is permitted without prior written permission of LA Deals.com. The permitted use described in this Paragraph is contingent on your compliance at all times with these Terms of Service.
You may not republish any portion of the Content on any Internet, Intranet or extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache. You may not distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and you may not archive, modify, copy, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content. You may not scrape or otherwise copy the Content without LA Deals.com’s permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through LA Deals.com, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of LA Deals.com in any way that affects the user's experience, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
These provisions apply equally to and are for the benefit of LA Deals.com, its parents, owners, subsidiaries, affiliates and its third-party content providers and licensors. Each may enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
Trademarks. All trademarks, service marks and trade names of LA Deals.com used herein (including but not limited to: the LA Deals.com name, the LA Deals.com corporate logo, the LA Deals.com design, and the logo) (collectively “Marks ”) are trademarks or registered trademarks of LA Deals.com or its affiliates, partners, vendors or licensors. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or modify LA Deals.com trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this site, without LA Deals.com’s prior written consent. The use of LA Deals.com trademarks on any other web site or network computer environment is not allowed. LA Deals.com prohibits the use of LA Deals.com trademarks as a "hot" link on or to any other web site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance.
Registration. Registration is not required to view certain Content. However, you are required to register if you wish to purchase a Voucher, post a comment or upload a video, or view certain other Content. If you become a Registered Member (“Member”) of LA Deals.com, you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Registration Account. You agree to provide true, accurate, complete, and correct information at the time of registration, and to promptly update this information as needed so that it remains true, accurate, complete, and correct. We reserve the right to terminate your access and use of LA Deals.com if individuals from more than one household access LA Deals.com using any single Registration Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so others outside your household may not access LA Deals.com using your name in whole or in part without our permission. If you believe someone has accessed LA Deals.com using your Registration Account and password without your authorization, e-mail us immediately at email@example.com.
Use of Information by LA Deals.com. You acknowledge, consent and agree that LA Deals.com may preserve and disclose your Registration Account information and the contents of your online communications if required to do so by law, or in good faith belief that preservation and/or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the following purposes: (1) to comply with legal process, such as a court order, search warrant, or subpoena; (2) to enforce these Terms of Service; (3) to render service you request; (4) to protect the rights or property of LA Deals.com, TD, and their third party suppliers and licensors; or (5) in circumstances that we deem, in our sole discretion, to pose a threat to the safety of you or others.
User Content Representations and Warranties. By placing material on LA Deals.com, including but not limited to posting content or communications to any LA Deals.com bulletin board, forum, blogspace, message or chat area, or posting text, images, audio files or other audio-visual content to the Site (“User Content”), you represent and warrant: (1) you own and otherwise have all necessary rights to the User Content you provide and the rights to provide it under these Terms of Service; and, (2) the User Content will not cause injury to any person or entity. Using a name other than your own legal name in association with the submission of User Content is prohibited (except in those specific areas of LA Deals.com that specifically ask for unique, fictitious names).
User Content License. For all User Content you post, upload, or otherwise make available to LA Deals.com, you grant LA Deals.com, its affiliates and related entities, including TD and its affiliated newspapers, web sites, broadcast stations and all other media, a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and fully sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, adapt, translate, archive, store, and create derivative works from such User Content, in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you authorize LA Deals.com to share the User Content across all Web sites, newspapers, and broadcast stations affiliated with Tribune Company, to include the User Content in a searchable format accessible by users of LA Deals.com and other TD websites, to place advertisements in close proximity to such User Content, and to use your name, likeness, biographical information and any other information in connection with its use of the material you provide. You waive all moral rights with respect to any User Content you provide to LA Deals.com. You also grant LA Deals.com the right to use any material, information, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you provide or otherwise submit to us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, commercial purposes, and developing, manufacturing and marketing commercial products using such information. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation or notice of any sort to you.
User Content Screening and Removal. You acknowledge that LA Deals.com and/or its designees may or may not pre-screen User Content, and shall have the right (but not the obligation), in their sole discretion, to move, remove, block, edit, or refuse any User Content for any reason, including without limitation that such User Content violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise objectionable.
User Content Assumption of Risk. LA Deals.com cannot and does not monitor or manage all User Content and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of User Content. All User Content provided to LA Deals.com is the sole responsibility of the person who provided it. This means that you are entirely responsible for all User Content that you provide. To protect your safety, please use your best judgment when using LA Deals.com forums. We discourage divulging personal phone numbers and addresses or other information that can be used to identify or locate you. You acknowledge and agree that if you make such disclosures either through posting on any bulletin board, forum, blogspace, message or chat area, or uploading text, images, audio files or other audio-visual content, in classified advertising you place or in other interactive areas, or to third parties in any communication, you do so fully understanding that such information could be used to identify you.
User Content Posting Rules. Any decisions as to whether User Content violates any Posting Rule will be made by LA Deals.com in its sole discretion. When you provide User Content, you agree to the following Posting Rules:
• If the photo or video depicts any children under the age of 13, you affirm that you have written permission from the child’s parent or guardian to provide the photo or video.
Do not provide User Content that:
• contains copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind without the express permission of the owner of that material.
• contains vulgar, profane, obscene, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
• is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
• violates any right of LA Deals.com or any third party.
• discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
• violates or encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
• interferes with any third party’s uninterrupted use of LA Deals.com.
• advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose.
• advertises or performs any commercial, religious, political or non-commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users of the Site to become users of other online or offline services directly or indirectly competitive or potentially competitive with LA Deals.com.
• uses or attempt to use another’s Registration Account, password, service or system except as expressly permitted by the Terms of Service.
• uploads or transmits viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, material or code.
• disrupts, interferes with, or otherwise harms or violates the security of LA Deals.com, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through LA Deals.com or affiliated or linked sites.
• “flames” any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
WARNING: A VIOLATION OF THESE POSTING RULES MAY BE REFERRED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Unsolicited Material and Ideas. LA Deals.com is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas provided to LA Deals.com. You acknowledge and agree that if you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against LA Deals.com and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
Transactions and E-Commerce. Credit card transactions and order fulfillment are often handled by a third party processing agent, bank or distribution institution. While in most cases transactions are completed without difficulty, there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet or offline. LA Deals.com cannot and does not take responsibility for the success or security of transactions undertaken or processed by third parties.
Promotional credits. “Promotional Credits” are given to certain customer accounts in connection with a specific promotion, contest or sweepstakes and they may be applied as a credit towards future LA Deals.com purchases. Promotional Credits expire in accordance with the terms of the particular promotion for which Promotional Credits were granted or two years from the date they are applied to an account, whichever is shorter.
Errors in Offers. On occasion, a product or service may not be available at the time or price as it appears in an Offer or a Voucher. In such event, or in the event a product or service is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, technology error, error in the date or length of publication, or error in pricing or product information received from our advertisers or suppliers, you agree LA Deals.com is not responsible for such error or discrepancy. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. Packaging may vary from that shown. We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of the products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any specific sizes or colors of products or services as part of an Offer at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time.
Communications with Third Parties Through LA Deals.com. Your dealings or communications through LA Deals.com with any party other than LA Deals.com are solely between you and that third party. Under no circumstances will LA Deals.com be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please review carefully that third party’s policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, concerns or questions relating to materials provided by third parties should be directed to the third party.
During your visit to the Site you may link to, or view as part of a frame, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Because LA Deals.com has no control over third party sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that LA Deals.com is not responsible for the availability of external sites or resources, nor for the content, actions, or policies of those sites. Information you provide on such sites, including personal information and transactional information, is subject to the terms of service of those sites. LA Deals.com makes no representations regarding the accuracy of information located on such third party web sites, and you assume all risks associated with linking to or otherwise using such sites.
Notice of Intellectual Property Infringement. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, it is the policy of LA Deals.com, in appropriate circumstances, to terminate the Registration Account of a Member who is deemed to infringe third party intellectual property rights or to remove User Content that is deemed to be infringing. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is displayed on LA Deals.com, please provide substantially the following information to our Copyright Agent (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) to confirm these requirements):
1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
2. a description of your copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the Site (providing us with website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
4. your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf. LA Deals.com’s copyright agent can be reached as follows:
Copyright Agent, 435 N. Michigan Ave., 6th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611, 312-222-4653 (voice), 312-222-4206 (fax), firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the above contact information is for intellectual property infringement notices only. DO NOT CONTACT LA DEALS.COM’S COPYRIGHT AGENT FOR OTHER INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS. For other inquiries or questions, please use the information listed in the Contact Us section below. Please also note that pursuant to Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Counter-Notification for Intellectual Property Infringement. If you elect to send us a counter-notice in response to a notice of intellectual property infringement, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to LA Deals.com’s designated Copyright Agent (see above for contact information) that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
1. an electronic or physical signature of the registered user;
2. a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (providing us with a website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
3. your address (“Address”), telephone number, and e-mail address;
4. a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
5. a statement by you that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the Address is located, or if the Address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which LA Deals.com may be found, and that the you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of intellectual property infringement or an agent of such person.
6. Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
General Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. While LA Deals.com uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Content and assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omission in the Content. LA Deals.com does not represent or warrant that use of any Content will not infringe rights of third parties. LA Deals.com has no responsibility for actions of third parties or for content provided by others, including User Content.
USE OF LA DEALS.COM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER TD, LA DEALS.COM, NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATED OR RELATED COMPANIES, NOR ANY OF THE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OF ANY OF THEM, MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING LA DEALS.COM, THE CONTENT, ANY ADVERTISING MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH LA DEALS.COM, AND/OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF LA DEALS.COM OR SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES LA DEALS.COM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. LA DEALS.COM AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR CONTENT POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES, ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUS THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY. LA DEALS.COM CONTAINS FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD PARTY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. LA DEALS.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH LA DEALS.COM. ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL LA DEALS.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, THE CONTENT OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL LA DEALS.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. END USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT LA DEALS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH END USER.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LA Deals.com and TI, each of their parent and affiliated companies, and each of their respective partners, suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, contractors and agents, and sub-licensees from any and all claims (including but not limited to claims for defamation, trade disparagement, privacy and intellectual property infringement) and damages (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising from or relating to any allegation regarding: (1) your use of LA Deals.com; (2) LA Deals.com’s, TD’s and Tribune Company’s use of any User Content or information you provide, as long as such use is not inconsistent with these Terms of Service; (3) information or material provided through your Registration Account, even if not posted by you; (4) any violation of these Terms of Service by you; (5) any products or services purchased by you in connection with LA Deals.com.
Equipment. You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of LA Deals.com and all charges related thereto. LA Deals.com shall not be liable for any damages to your equipment resulting from the use of this Site.
International Users. LA Deals.com is controlled, operated and administered by TD from its offices within the United States. LA Deals.com makes no representation that material or Content available through LA Deals.com is appropriate or available for use outside the United States and access to them from territories where their Content is illegal is prohibited. You may not use LA Deals.com or export the Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. If you access LA Deals.com from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Modifying these Terms. LA Deals.com reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time in its discretion and to notify users of any such changes solely by changing these Terms of Service. Your continued use of LA Deals.com after the posting of any amended Terms of Service shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. Your use of this Site prior to the time these Terms of Service were posted will be governed according to the Terms of Service that applied at the time of your use.
Discontinuation of Service. LA Deals.com may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of LA Deals.com, including the availability of any portion of the Content at any time, without notice or liability. LA Deals.com may deny access to any Registered Member or other user at any time for any reason. In addition, TD or LA Deals.com may at any time transfer rights and obligations under these Terms of Service to any Tribune Company affiliate, subsidiary or business unit, or any of their affiliated companies or divisions, or any entity that acquires TD, LA Deals.com or any of their assets.
Choice of Law. These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. You hereby agree that any cause of action you may have with respect to LA Deals.com must be filed in a federal or state court located in Los Angeles, California.
Statute of Limitations. You agree to file any claim regarding any aspect of this Site or these Terms of Service within six months of the time in which the events giving rise to such claim began, or you agree to waive such claim.
No Class Actions. You agree no claim subject to these Terms of Service may be brought as a class action.
Severability. If for any reason any provision of these Terms of Service is found unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties as reflected in that provision, and the remainder of the Terms of Service shall continue in full force and effect.
No Waiver. Any failure of LA Deals.com to enforce or exercise any provision of these Terms of Service or related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
Section Titles. The section titles used in these Terms of Service are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
Termination. LA Deals.com may terminate these Terms of Service at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, LA Deals.com shall have the right to immediately terminate your Registration Account and password in the event of any conduct by you that LA Deals.com, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of these Terms of Service. In the event of termination of these Terms of Service for any reason, you agree the following provisions will survive: the provisions regarding limitations on your use of Content, the license(s) you have granted to LA Deals.com, the indemnity provisions, and all other provisions for which survival is equitable or appropriate.
Contact Us. To contact LA Deals.com, please use the following:
202 West 1st Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012